Some teenagers would like to be able to get a job and earn money. Since these individuals are still in school, the next best thing to getting a real job is getting one that is part-time.
When applying for a part-time job, here are some tips one must remember when going up to a potential employer;
• One must prepare a resume when applying for part-time work. Even if the person does not have experience, it will show the employer that a little effort was made on the part of the applicant in producing something on paper. The resume may contain highlights or strengths about the applicant which could make the applicant stand out over other people that have applied for the same position and in the end get that job.
• When meeting an employer, being dressed appropriately is important. It shows the sincerity one has in applying for the job. One must be that finger-nails and hair are well groomed for the interview. The outfit worn could be business casual. A polo and khaki pants will be ideal for men and a polo and skirt for the women will do well for the interview. This would mean that moderate shoes must be used to match the outfit. If one wears a lot of earrings, it is advisable to remove some to present the person better.
• Getting a job is not easy and there will be a lot of times that the employer will say “no.” This is nothing personal but some employers will prefer someone who has some experience. Even if one is rejected, the person must not give up in getting that part-time and move on to the next potential employer.
• When one is already in front of the employer, a firm handshake is always a good start. Walking in and showing ones sincerity in getting the job is another. There is only so much one say in an interview so it is best to practice in selling to the person the strengths one possesses in order to get that job.
• In the course of going from one employer to another, the employer will not give the answer at once if the person is hired or not. Other applicants will still be interviewed before making that decision. By keeping a list of the places where one went for an interview, one will be able to call and follow up the status of the application.
Part-time jobs are available in various places. One might find one while walking in the neighbourhood, checking the school bulletin board or local paper and even the web for job postings.
Jobs Available Online
In the past, applying for a job meant looking through the classified ads in the local paper. The advent of the internet has created various job sites online making it easier for someone to apply for work in another state and in even in another country.
It has made the world a smaller place with everything at one’s fingertip and just a click away. Most job sites will require a person to open an account, fill in certain information and deposit a resume.
These sites usually ask for pertinent information such as the person’s name, age, address, contact number and social security number.
Other information that will be requested is educational background. Some companies prefer someone with a degree in a certain field or a licensed professional to do the job or perhaps a person who possesses a master’s degree.
Employment history is also another thing that has to be mentioned. This includes the job description and highlights that you have experienced during your career.
With the information provided, some of these sites offer a service with a fee that will match your qualifications with jobs that are available and enable you to apply for that position. Some even promise to make your resume stand out over other applicants giving that person more priority over others but even that is a not a guarantee that one will get the job.
One also has to mention the salary the person is receiving both in the current and previous jobs as this is matched with the job the individual wants and the salary one desires.
These sites offer various jobs to people. It caters to professionals and teenagers who want to work either for full time, part time or on a per-project basis.
Applying online is not only done through job sites. A lot of companies have websites that have a section on careers which one can access and check what openings are available. One simply has to go through the process of also giving certain information that is asked for and uploading one’s resume.
The first impression employers or headhunters look at is one’s resume. Given that many people apply, this usually takes these people a short period of time to review and screen certain applicants before going to the next phase of being scheduled and called for an interview.
There are many jobs available in the market. It just takes a little effort on one’s part to sit down in front of a computer and look for the right job.
Must-know Tips on Executive Job Search
It is normal for every person to strive for career advancement and growth. It makes them feel that all of their hard work has paid off and that a promotion is, indeed, the best reward they can get.
However, for some whose luck seems to be so elusive, they have to find their own growth somewhere else. That is why most of them opted for executive job searches, where they hope that someday they would be lucky enough to find the executive job that they have long been dreaming of.
But is it really just luck? Or are there some factors that need to be considered when searching for that executive job of their dreams?
Landing a good executive job is not dependent on luck. For people who wish to learn some tips regarding executive job searches, here are some pointers on how to get that dream job:
1. Killer looks
The saying, “Looks could kill” is not an understatement. Though the word kill is only used literally and the word look is sometimes associated with stares. But what is being pointed out here is that looks can definitely kill a person’s chances on landing his or her executive job if the applicant had missed one great factor: appearance.
As the saying goes, first impressions last, so it would be better to make that first impression by looking just right for the job. After all, if a person wants to have an executive job, then, he should dress appropriately for the position. In this way, the executive job he had been searching for might just become a reality.
2. Show some mastery
For an executive position, most employers would want to hire those who are already an expert in their own field. This means that the applicants should be adept in the areas concerning their chosen careers. This will show that the applicant has already started a coherent career track and is already knowledgeable in the field.
It will do no good to an applicant who claims to be a “jack of all trades but a master of none.” Six out of 10 applicants are hired because of their expertise on a certain field. This only means that employers are more concerned with people who have already mastered their career and have established continuous career growth.
Finding an available executive job could be one thing but actually getting that dream executive job is another thing. Looking and acting the part is a must to landing that dream job!